We have been testing vehicles for over 20 years and our testing site is rated as "Green", the highest possible rating, by the VEHICLE OPERATOR STANDARDS AGENCY (VOSA). You can be assured your vehicle will get an honest, fair and impartial test.
We test PETROL, DIESEL and DUEL FUEL vehicles up to a weight of 3000kg.
We offer half price retests within 10 working days of the initial test AND if you choose to have any repair work done by us, we will even pay the retest fee for you!
We will do all we can to ensure your vehicle passes its MOT test. Any work which can be done in the allocated MOT time will be carried out and no labour will be charged. This is opposed to other testing stations who offer cheap MOTs and then charge extra for aligning the headlamps, extra for fitting bulbs and extra for fitting wiper blades, plus extra for other services. We do not consider this to be fair and honest policy.
Have you ever forgotten your MOT? We offer a free reminder service to give you notice of when your MOT is due to expire.
TIPS for presenting your vehicle for test:
- If you have any problems or concerns about your car such as noises or tyres, tell us BEFORE the test. That way, even if it is not part of the test, we can have the MOT tester look at it and we may well be able to find it and let you know, rather than leave you paying for us to diagnose it.
- It may sound obvious, but please ensure that there is enough fuel in your vehicle for testing. It will need to be running for up to 1 hour during the testing procedure. If we do not think that there is enough fuel, we cannot test the vehicle.
- You can have your vehicle tested up to 30 days prior to the current MOT expiry date. If your vehicle passes, you will receive a 13 months MOT certificate. If your vehicle fails to pass, your old MOT is still valid and you have the remaining days to get any work done.
- Make sure your vehicle is testable; do the bonnet, boot and doors all open? If not, call us beforehand, let us know, and we will arrange a time to have them looked at before your old MOT expires.
- If you have last year's certificate, please bring it with you. Your vehicle can still be tested without it; however, it does help us if we have it present for the test.
- Please make sure the boot is clear, as the floor and spare wheel need to be inspected as part of the test.
- Place any folding seats in the locked upright position and leave all seat belts accessible.
- Baby seats fitted are not a failure, but you will receive an advisory slip saying that complete inspection of the adult belt was not possible.
- Please let us know, when you drop the vehicle off, of any problems which you are aware of for the tester's safety.
Contact us today for a FREE quote.
If you're having difficulties contacting through the website, please call 0161 224 9568